Monday, August 18, 2008

what's next?

Pretty bummed out about the DNF even though I know I made the correct decision. I actually quit the race at about 62 miles, but instead of walking back to Twin Lakes my walk of shame had me stumbling over the next seven miles to Halfmoon. Had a lot of time to think out there (probably took me three hours to cover those seven miles), and I don't think I'll be doing anymore 100s for a while.

Gonna take some time and see if I can get some of my old speed back. I've always wanted to run Boston, and when I go there I wanna lower my PR (2:55). Don't laugh - I'm only four months removed from my hungover 1:26 half marathon at Platte River.


The tentative schedule, as always subject to change:

Sept 6 - Imogene Pass

Sept 21 - Pony Express (15 miles) OR Boulder Backroads Marathon

Sept 27 - Cripple Creek Crawl

Oct 19 - Denver Marathon OR Palo Duro

Nov 8 - Rim Rock Run (37K)

Jan 5, 2009 - Turquoise Lake 20mi Snowshoe Race

March 2009 - Salida Marathon

May 3, 2009 - Pittsburgh Marathon

August 2009 - Nolans 14er route (100 miles over five days)

4 comments:

MW said...

what happened to Tucson (dec) and Boston (apr)?

brownie said...

If I'm going to fly to a race, it's not going to be for an easy one. And I'll go to Boston if I qualify.

Carie said...

Go Pitt! I need a spring marathon. I want to concentrate on speed myself, could be a good one for me!

TJ said...

Pittsburgh's bringing the marathon back?!? I haven't run a road marathon on 3 years, but I might have to go back for that.