Thursday, August 14, 2008

Red

"Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. You can hunker down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, lean into the wind and shout "Bring it on darlin'! - And don't be stingy with the jalapenos!"
-Red Spicer

Red is the RD of the Palo Duro trail races in Amarillo, TX (the Palo Duro trails are the only place in Texas that somewhat remind me of Colorado). I met him last year when Herb and I rode down there for the 50 miler. Had never met him before, but he treated me like I was family and, even though we arrived late, gave Herb and I a camping spot right by the start/finish. Great guy.

Red is currently not doing well and is in the hospital. My thoughts are with him. My Pabst at Beer Stop Rock tonight will be dedicated to him.

3 comments:

Gordo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gordo said...

Red is one of a kind, great guy. I met him too a couple of years ago when I ran the 50 in Palo Duro, Dr. Lisa introduced us. Thinking good thoughts.

Jes said...

Love that quote.