Thursday, August 28, 2008

today's apple and my improving ninjitsu skills

Actually thought I was picking up a Braeburn, but when I got to the checkout line I found out I actually picked up a Red Delicious. So I went with that.

The veggie streak is over, I ran this morning and didn't have time to eat until I got to work.

Coming out of King Super this morning, with two bags of groceries, I noticed the wind had picked up a shopping cart and was blowing it at a high rate of speed right towards my jeep. So I took off running and did a flying Bruce Lee-esque kick to deflect the cart about a foot from my grill. This redirected the cart but did not slow it down. I was about to go stop the cart (using my Flash-like super speed, of course) when I noticed I had redirected it about 50 feet right into the shopping-cart-return-thing in the parking lot. This is on top of getting into a fight with a swarm of bees on Saturday, and emerging victorious.

3 comments:

MW said...

I don't know why, but that bruce lee story made me laugh.

It's still a bit early in the apple season, so I do't exepct the elite apples (i.e. Cameo Apples)to be available till october or so. I'll keep eating watermelon till then.

Catwoman said...

I've struggled to find a really tasty apple since I moved to the US - even at expensive places like Whole Foods. New Zealand Braeburns are usually my favorites but they don't taste that great here. The best I have found is from the local farmers market - Sweet,crisp & juicy. I also had some great apples at a hotel in New Jersey!! The absolute key to apple success is KEEP THEM IN THE FRIDGE!

Impala Mama said...

Hmmm, maybe those frutis and veggies are paying off, young ninja. Glad you were able to ward off the dangers in the grocery store parking lot.