Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FUCK!

Really, really starting to beat myself up over Leadville. Working on the race report and analyzing the splits doesn't help.

I crashed and burned hard a few miles past Twin Lakes. It was a very long slog of a walk, where I let my vagina bleed all over the place and gave up running for good. It was definitely the worst I've ever felt - a nice mixture of severe depression and horrible physical pain. Almost brought me to tears. My time from Twin Lakes to Halfmoon - 3:30.

Rewind things to one year ago. Melissa had just brought me back over Hope Pass and I was feeling good. Really had the feeling I was gonna finish the race. I was tired, but nothing that wouldn't be expected after covering 60+ miles. I dediced to pick things up to get some breathing room under the cutoff times. My split for the same section of the course last year, in much better weather - 3:45.

This race is going to haunt me for a long time.

6 comments:

Impala Mama said...

You have to have a valley before the peak.

Gordo said...

jt you've had one hell of a season, try and focus on all the hard work which resulted in incredible overall improvements. You'll be back to tackle (and beat) Leadville.

Jes said...

What's with all the FEELINGS on this blog lately??? Sheesh.

Just kidding. You're being too hard on yourself. Everything happens for a reason, so figure out the reason and learn from it.

Thanks for the email, btw. I'm looking into it.

meredith said...

I told Paul you dropped from Leadville...he said (and I quote), "what the f$^* was he doing Leadville for. Didn't he just recover from the hangover of Hardrock?"
m

LK said...

Dude! I would trade in all of my races for your one Hardrock finish. Take it easy on yourself. I think the body takes a lot longer to recover from that incredible effort in July than the mind wants to believe. I say take it easy so Pete doesn't kick your ass in September. :)

Rafael said...

All this shit happened cuz you didn't let me interview you, you know that right?

I keed, I keed.

You're still my hero dude.

On On