Monday, August 04, 2008

it's gotta be the pants...

My dumbass forgot to bring shorts for the rock gym at lunch. And I didn't figure it out 'till I had already gone there. I didn't want to look like a poser in front of my new favorite chick, so I just rolled up the bottoms and climbed in my work pants (khakis - ugh). Had a t-shirt and my climbing shoes, and it ended up being a great workout. Got another move up two of the three new problems I'm working.

The new chick has impeccable taste in music. First song while I was there: the BBC recording of "Hear My Train A Commin'" (one of the best recordings of all time) by Jimi followed by a version of Stevie's "Texas Flood" that I've never heard. Then she put on the new Gov't Mule album. She must have been giving me an early b-day present with her choice in tunes.

3 comments:

Impala Mama said...

Wow--she must be something if you are writing about her on your blog! Have you taken her to Purple Castle yet?

brownie said...

Of course not. I have her on such a high pedestal that if I ever talk to her my opinion of her can only go down. I don't want to ruin the magic of what we have.

Impala Mama said...

Completely understand. Maybe you can turn one of the pictures you have secretly taken of her into a stunt granny. Bring her to the castle that way. I will eat for her, if you need a stand in.