Thursday, July 31, 2008

when dogs attack

Katie was chewed up pretty good while on a run in Wisconsin. Two yapper dogs left their owners property, came across the street, and took a nice chunk out of her calf. She'll be out of action for two weeks.

Lauren and I were running down Shooks Run yesterday and a small, unleashed dog came running towards her. I was about half a second from punting the mutt back at it's owner before it saw the look in my eyes and backed off. Not sure if the dog did anything to Josh and BLOS, who couldn't match our pace and were well behind us...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is bullshit-i hope she heals quickly. are the jackass owners taking any accountability?

aka Moogy said...

Damn...wtf is protruding from her leg? A tooth? Ditto what Pete said.
This morning I almost went head-over-heels trying to avoid this damn armadillo that decided to crawl out in front of me. They are blinder than shit and I'm half asleep. Priceless...

brownie said...

I told her she should get the owners to pay medical as well as the entry costs to Imogene Pass and the Rim Rock run, since her training suffers.

My first real mountain bike wreck had me fall on an armadillo. Good stuff!

MW said...

Ouch.. That's gonna leave a mark.

I love dogs, have owned them all my life, and they're like family; but there's no room on this planet for dogs that attack humans regardless how cute they are. That dog needs to be put down. (yeah, I'm probably not the most popular person now, but that's my stance on dogs. We put down one of ours dogs after it went after my sister's arm once.) And yes, medical bills at minimum.