Tuesday, July 08, 2008

nervous...

Really picking up the pre-race jitters today. Wish the thing would just start already.

The taper is going well and I feel like superman. Live hared the DIM last night and hammered up Red Mountain.

Tonight I pack my drop bags. Six of 'em.

Picking up Melissa at the Denver airport tomorrow. Then we're gonna run my good luck three miler down through Manitou to Rainbow Falls. Mel will be pacing me from Grouse Gulch to Cunningham, miles 58 to 91. That includes going up and over Handies Peak, the high point of the course and another 14er for me.

Wed afternoon it's off to Silverton. It'll be great to see Joe and Joyce, two Austinites who have had a tremondous impact on my trail running career.

Thursday afternoon is the mandatory runner briefing. It hasn't sunk in yet that I'll be among some of the legends of ultrarunning. Not sure I really deserve to be there, this being only my second attempt at the 100 mile distance.

Race starts 6AM on Friday...

7 comments:

Carie said...

Good luck! You'll kick ass. I'll be "watching".

Impala Mama said...

You big goober head, stop being freaked out and realize what you are capable of!! Step up to the plate, you are a bad ass runner and you will do awesome. You may not be a legend, but you are a fast runner who has a will of steel. Use that as you pass everyone else. Jesus and I love you!

Gagger said...

Yes. Listen to C-4! You know you will kick some serious ass out there. You have been training like a mad man.

I'll be tracking you too. Woot woot!

Yeti said...

congrats and good luck, keep up posted...and remember when all is said and done you are still a wanker!!

Jes said...

Hopefully, you feel like Superman before he ended up in a wheelchair...

hee hee. Just kidding. You'll do great!

Lulu said...

You'll never make it!

Gaslight ;-) said...

Wait, do I detect some modesty? Who are you, and where the hell is Brownie?? He has a race this weekend!