Wednesday, July 30, 2008

uh-oh...

Only two more weeks 'till Leadville. And while I've steadily been picking things up since my week off after Hardrock, I can tell my body has not yet fully recovered. Pb-ville is definitely going to be spectacular for me - but whether it's a spectacular success or a spectacular failure remains to be seen.

The big issue, training wise, is what to do now? Do I throw in another good long run to gain/maintain my Hardrock fitness? Do I take it super easy to recover and risk losing the benefit of all that hard training due to the time off?

Of course, me being me, the answer is to train hard. Incline this Friday followed by a Pikes/Red Mounatin ascent from my house (33 miles for my 33rd b-day) on Saturday morning! Woohoo!

Sunday it's off to Berthoud Pass to run down Big Bird's lame ass at the high altitude hash. Think I have room in the car if anyone else wants to ride along...

8 comments:

Carie said...

I'd do good maintenance miles, but nothing too severe. Who am I to talk though? I went from nothing to 40 mile weeks after 9 months. Doh!

Gaslight ;-) said...

Rest, you freak job!

It's only been a week since hardrock, right?

You have the endurance- I'd do some mid distance, maybe one at tempo pace to keep your conditioning.

Don't F it up now! Geezus.

The WV is maxvon. It's a sign. Listen to the teacher.

Dave Philipps said...

Dude, I've been hammering since I tracked you guys at Hardrock. I did the incline yesterday in 23:15 after doing two fourteeners this weekend.

brownie said...

You should have pushed those five miles at Hardrock. Neil told me he would have finished faster but he had to keep waiting for you.

Jillian said...

33 miles on your 33rd...interesting celebration. I'm sure there will be beer involved?

brownie said...

Of course! A Pabst on the Peak and then the Kimchi hash.

Lick My Lincoln said...

You better make it to the FillVada, Wanker!

brownie said...

I'm only going to Fillvada if you update your shitty blog before the weekend, wanker.