Tuesday, July 22, 2008

6.7!

Yes folks, I ran a whooping total of 6.7 miles last week! Done over two days, Tues at Quinn's and Wed at the CRC. Other than the Leadville 5K, I can't remember a single run in the past four months that wasn't farther than 6.7 miles...

Did have a good workout this evening at the Manitou track. 12 x 400 meters, with 2:00 of rest in between. Averaged about 87 seconds per quarter, still a bit sore from Hardrock but nothing too bad. The highlight came in lap #9, when I had to remind BLOS that even though he has improved a ton recently, he still has a long ways to go to hang with the big boys.

FYI, I averaged 25:45 per mile at Hardrock. That's averaging 6:25 per quarter mile. You hafta average just under 29 minutes per mile to beat the final cutoff time. My goal at Leadville - the big buckle - requires a pace very near and dear to my heart, the EIB standard of 15 minutes per mile.

No comments: