Sunday, July 06, 2008

purple castle update

Had a yummy breakfast down at the Purple Castle today. Talked to Gary, here's the latest scoop on the greatest diner in the world:

-The new King's Chef will be opening on or around August 1st. It's gonna be at the old Big City Burrito across the street from Acacia Park. It'll be open seven days a week and have the same menu as the original diner. Unfortunately, the actual purple castle will now be closed on weekends. Which sucks, but Gary assured me that the new place will meet my high standards.

-King's Chef Green Chili is now available at Whole Foods. Gary said they'll start out at the Whole Foods in the Colorado Springs area. However, if you go to customer service at any WF and ask for the chili, they can have it shipped down. I think all of my Austin readers should head down to WF world headquarters and order some. Really good stuff. Gotta love the warning on the label too, "Not for those with heart problems. Not for those who are pregnant. Not for the weak." One of the big reasons the diner opened up another store was because of the green chili deal, the kitchen at the old purple castle wasn't big enough.

-Gary, a former adventure racer, realizes the importance of proper nutrition during endurance events and is making me two bacon cheeseburgers which he is going to vacuum seal. Going to be great snacks during Hardrock. I'll definitely be having one at Grouse Gulch, the 60 mile point where you start the long hike up Handies Peak. He's also gonna seal up some pierogies for me, yum yum. Thanks so much to the Castle for playing such a huge part of my nutrition strategy!

-For the record, since the diner plays such a big part in my drunken adventures, I will refer to the original place as the Purple Castle and the new diner as King's Chef.

2 comments:

Smut Mutt said...

I kill, butcher, & cook my own food so you know where it's from and what's in it. Sustainable, renewable, natural rocket-fuel for the body & soul on the hoof.

Plan B is to buy hippy shit at whole foods where some tattoo doper with a festering piercing prepares your tofu. As you say ... yummy.

Gagger said...

I'm so excited for Gary! Tell him Car Wrecker says hello. :)