Thursday, June 26, 2008

weekend

Shaping up to be a killer weekend -

Fri: leaving Manitou around 5AM for the mountains. Off to the Missouri Gulch trailhead just south of Leadville. Some of my readers may remember this TH from last year, where we set off from here for the world's highest game of 3-Man on Mt. Belford. The plan is to bag at least Belford and Oxford. Missouri Mountain also looms, and if I'm feeling good and the weather holds out I'll get that one too. Even found this route on summit post, which would allow me to tag three 14ers and two centennials on the same 16 mile loop. This will be a solo trip so I may be able to move a little quicker than usual, so we'll see...

Fri night: camping, probably at the Halfmoon TH.

Sat: 6:30AM at the National Mining Hall of Fame. Running the Leadville course from May Queen to Twin Lakes, about 26 miles. Active rest will follow with a cookout at Twin Lakes before heading back to my campsite for some high altitude drinking practice, which will include a growler of Mt. Massive Malt Liquor from America's highest brewery.

Sun: 8AM begins the infamous Hope Pass double crossing, from Twin Lakes out to the ghost town of Winfield and back again. 21 miles, this will be the last time I run more than five miles before Hardrock.

Sun PM: The Hardrock taper officially begins at Acid Jazz.

No comments: