Sunday, June 22, 2008

good times!

Great weekend down in Lake City! Ran an awesome race at the San Juan Solstice, finishing in 11:53. Almost 100 minutes better than my previous best there. And I held a little something back for my race next month.

Had enough in my legs on Sunday morning to add two more 14ers to my list, Redcloud and Sunshine Peaks. I'm up to 20 now. Even got some good "crappy weather" training as a storm came in from nowhere while Katie and I were on Sunshine. We had to come down off Sunshine, traverse a mile long ridge, summit Redcloud, and then get back down to treeline while trying to avoid getting struck by lightening.

Even got to eat at Moonlight Pizza in Salida not once, but twice!

Woohoo! Colorado summer weekends rock!

More tomorrow, I should probably get some sleep before the week begins. Until then, you can see the pics here.


4 comments:

aka Moogy said...

AWESOME dude!!! So much for me trying to hang w/ you at HR. You are running great.
Is that an Osprey Talon pack you use? I just bought the Talon 11 for HR.

brownie said...

No, it's a really old Camelbak Hawg. Camelbak stuff is a little heavier than most but it holds up much better than anything else I've used.

Think the HR course is gonna be fine. That snow is melting FAST!

Impala Mama said...

Pretty freakin amazing...nice job!

meredith said...

Congrats on a great race!!
mer