Sunday, June 15, 2008

Psyched about my run yesterday, a solid 8.5 hours "time on my feet" with a good chunk of altitude thrown in. If I can get 14 miles in today I'll break 100 miles for the week for the first time ever, not counting Leadville. The motivation just ain't there right now. Can't cheat and do a double either, too much music tonignt in Manitou.

My house to Barr Camp - 1:55

My house to the summit doughnut bucket - 4:07

Neil really turned this one around, pushed me a lot harder on the oil tunnel section than I would have gone alone. Hell, I probably would have hiked most of it had he not been along, instead it turned into a pretty quick section.
Real good news on the ankle front too. I twisted it pretty bad twice on the run (once at the timberline shelter - not a good place to get injured on Pikes Peak) but the cankle recovered really quickly. It'll never be 100% but it's healthy enough that I'm not worried about it anymore.
Oh yeah, the 37 miles were in brand new shoes! Got a new pair of La Sportiva Imogene, starting to break 'em in for San Juan, Hardrock and Leadville!
Posted a few more pics on my Pikes blog.


5 comments:

MW said...

37 miles, VERY cool.

Jes said...

get a haircut, fucking hippie

brownie said...

Can't believe someone with a smart car called me a hippie!

Impala Mama said...

Smart cars kick ass!!!

Carie said...

I hope you drank out of the new shoes to break them in properly.