Tuesday, June 10, 2008

bike to work

June is "bike month" here in Colorado Springs and Wednesday, June 11, is the actual bike to work day. Excuses abound (wahhh, it's too far; wahhh, it makes me too tired; wahhh, I don't want to be sweaty; wahhh, I need to get in better shape first) but please take a second to remember that American troops are dying every day over oil. So if you can't or won't bike to work tomorrow, at least be considerate of those of us who will ride and give us some space on the road.

9 comments:

Impala Mama said...

I am taking my stationary bike straight to work tomorrow--promise!
I also promise not to drive my gas guzzling '63 tomorrow---still trying to figure out how to make it run on lawn clippings. Don't get hit by anyone, brownie.

Carie said...

I've wanted to bike to work, used to all the time in PDX, but don't trust east coast drivers. I did find a decent route tho, 18 miles, then I just thought to myself, "Screw biking it, I want to run it!"

brownie said...

If we had a shower here I'd run to and from work. That would friggin' rock!

Jes said...

So keep some baby wipes and deoderant in your desk.

Not So Silent Bob said...

That is a nice thing about my work, we do have showers. Atleast my excuse though is somewhat valid, I don't own a bike as of this moment.

brownie said...

Check craigslist, Bob. You can justify getting a bike since Fart Collins has a bash now.

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." ~Mark Twain

Shorey said...

I work from home, so just to be in the spirit of it all, I hooked that baby up on my trainer & rode the hell out of it (that's what he said).

Gaslight ;-) said...

Someday when I update my blog again, i will steal your Twain quote.

I am busy avoiding work by surfign the internets now, shhh.

brownie said...

The Mark Twain quote is famous, I'm surprised you've never heard it.