Tuesday, June 03, 2008

good news!

Rumors are starting to float out of Lake City that the snow is melting fast enough to have the San Juan Solstice on the regular course! There's been a lot of whining on some blogs lately about how it's just as good to not push yourself, take short cuts, find the easy way out, etc, etc.... But some of us actually look forward to the challenge of finding where our limits are and seeing if we can push them even farther out there. And the San Juan Solstice is the kind of race that allows you to do just that!


My goal will be to break twelve hours, assuming they run the old course. Bring on the Continental Divide!

Also wanna bag Redcloud and Sunshine Peak while I'm down there. Add two more 14ers to my list. Of course, both years I've done San Juan I've said that, and when Sunday morning comes I can't even move, let alone mountain climb.

No comments: