Tuesday, April 24, 2007

run #90 - Garden

I got a call at 5AM this morning from Tits, she was crying about her pussy hurting and her not wanting to run in the rain. "Do they still have these things in crappy weather?" she asked.

I was still in bed, but I mumbled something about real runners doing it in all kinds of shitty weather and that she needed to drink for whining before heading over to the Garden. Then I looked out my window - super shitty weather with heavy rain, high winds, and lightning. I wanted to crawl back into bed, but I was kinda trapped now.

But the weather wasn't so bad over in Manitou. For the first 45 minutes it was a great run. I was pushing up the hills and recovering down the hills, trying not to step on the zillions of night crawlers out on the roads. There was a mixture of sleet and rain, but the temps weren't too low and the rocks were protecting me from the wind. Due to the weather there weren't many people there, so the Garden was quiet and peaceful.

But life needs balance, and the good moments need to be offset by lousy moments. After a while, I left the protection of all those rocks, and the weather hit me pretty good. The wind picked up, and the sleet started pelting me in the eyeballs, which hurt like a bitch. The last 20 minutes of this run sucked pretty bad.

When I finished, there were only two cars left in the parking lot. The other runner saw me and asked "are we tough or stupid?" Mopping wet, freezing cold, and my face numb from the sleet, I told him I was leaning towards stupid at the moment...

Start time: 6AM
Distance: 7.4 miles
Time: 65:41 minutes
Pace: 8:52 per mile
Weather: 35F - cold, wet rain/snow/sleet

Kudos to Tits for braving the weather, not so much for Kibbles and Tits (did I get that right?) who slept in.

And yes, I know I skipped some runs, including two races, but now that I have a working computer at home I'll catch up soon.

5 comments:

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Crying, eh? I guess that's what I get for making sure that people were going to show up. A little rain hasn't killed me yet.

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Oh, and it's "Nibbles and Tits."

Catwoman said...

Not to be pedantic but Garden of the Gods is in Colorado Springs NOT Manitou Springs!

Good on ya Titz. I may show up next Tuesday!

brownie said...

I said the run was over in Manitou, Catwanker.

But I use the term "Springs" to mean both Manitou and Colorado Springs.

Impala Mama said...

Damn pedantics...