Thursday, April 05, 2007

run #80 - Garden of the Gods

Woke up at 4:30AM this morning all groggy, but there ain't no foul mood that an early morning run at the Garden of the Gods can't help improve. The Pikes Peak Road Runners have a group that meets at the park at 5:45AM every Tuesdey and Thursday, and if you can get out of bed that early it's a great workout. Did a loop around the perimeter of the Garden and then hit some of the trails that run around the Kissing Camels and all the other rocks there. There was never a time during my workout where my view couldn't have been on a post card, this is one of the most scenic places I've ever run. My GPS kept crapping out because of the rocks, so I think my distance and pace might be a lot better than reported here.

Start time: 6AM
Distance: 7.3 miles
Time: 60:13 minutes
Pace: 8:14 per mile
Weather: 45F; cloudy

5 comments:

Catwoman said...

I was thinking about doing that but I'm not a moring person. I thought they only ran 5 miles?

brownie said...

There is a five mile loop, some people run more. They also have different groups - fast, slow, social, trail, etc...

Outdoorgirl said...

They need to have a run around stupid Peterson AFB run so I can participate in something "kindof" cool. G.O.G is too far for me to do that run in the mornings. SUCK!!!!

Catwoman said...

Dani you should run with Bruce. He runs most lunchtimes on the track.

It takes me all of my effort to get out of bed to get to work by 7:30. Maybe when the mornings get lighter/warmer I may feel inspired.

Lulu said...

You need to post up some pics for us midwesterners - but please, for the love of god, make sure you are NOT in the picture.