Thursday, April 05, 2007

run #79 - Texans can't do the Incline!

Had a good time whooping the shit out of Johnboy at the Incline tonight. True, it was a tremendous home field advantage for me, but JB ain't no slouch as he's in the taper mode for a sub-twelve hour Ironman next weekend in Phoenix. I stayed back with him, taunting him, and we made it to the top in just over 40 minutes. Not bad for a sea-level guy, very few Springsites could get near that time. After the Incline it was off to Kinfolk's for some good brews.

For the record, it was the second time this week I left Johnboy in the dust. At Monday's DIM, he tried and tried but just couldn't keep up. He finished second to me at the beer check; and even though I had to solve the last five checks by myself, and I could see him and Charlie working together to try to catch me, they finished about half a Pabst behind at the on-in.

Start time: 6:30PM
Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: 1:15:00
Pace: 18:45 per mile
Weather: 40F

3 comments:

Catwoman said...

I was thinking of doing the incline on Friday as I have the day off. The weather forecast is not good though. Has all the snow gone? I usually make it up in about 45 mins.

brownie said...

While there is never any excuse not to do the Incline, you can't try to use snow anymore. It's 100% gone from the Incline and the Barr Trail leading up/down there.

Catwoman said...

Great! It's such a kick-ass workout that doesn't take long. But I hate coming back down Barr Trail as it kills my knees!!