Friday, April 27, 2007

new shoes

The recent Greenland 50K combined with the Rockdale hash odyssey last week has pretty much taken the life out of my Hardrocks. No complaints, I brought my Montrail's up with me from Texas and have run quite a few miles over some rugged terrain in them since I moved up here to Colorado over a year ago. But the time has come for a new pair of teners. Gonna go with a new brand, mostly because I want to buy from the Colorado Running Company, who gives me free beer and wine every Wednesday. Kinda narrowed the decision down to two pairs of La Sportiva, been hearing good things about their shoes and their North American HQ is just up the road in Boulder (buy local!). I am gonna try on a pair of New Balance and even some of those funky INOV8 shoes, but I'll probably end up with one of these, the Rajas (top) or the Fireblade.



Whatever shoe I buy, they'll be put to the test early. Today's workout is a summit of Rocky Mountain via the incline.

2 comments:

Jerri said...

OMG - how the hell can you run in brand new shoes??? Don't you break them in gently first? My feet are hurting in sympathy!

TitsOnTheRitz said...

With how much he runs, I'd be surprised if he can even feel his feet anymore.