Saturday, April 28, 2007

it's gotta be the shoes

Decided to go with the Fireblades. Much less of a shoe that I'm used to in terms of cushioning and protection. Immediately took 'em over to the Incline and was rewarded with a PR of 28:26, first time I've ever broken the 29 minute barrier.

Because the saleschick at the Colorado Running Company was super hot and wearing a skirt, I was somehow convinced that I needed new road shoes too, and I ended up with a pair of Nike Pegasus. Good thing being a member of the Pikes Peak Road Runners nabs me a 20% discount.

FYI, when I got up to the top of the Incline, there were some Penn State guys up there. Started shooting the shit with them, turns out one was from Lewisburg (about ten minutes away from where I was born) and the other was from Port Matilda (about 45 minutes away and a small hick town where I've passed out drunk before). Small world.

4 comments:

-tunnel said...

Anything with FIRE in the name HAS to be good!

Spotty said...

Well when you've passed out drunk in every city in the US, it's not hard to find someone from there....bwaahhhaaaa....

Jes said...

Why would you talk to anyone from Penn St.?

Pittchick said...

Did you push them off the incline?