Friday, April 06, 2007

job hunt


Thought I'd throw out an update on the job hunt. Due to changes way above me up at TASC HQ in Denver, there has been a lot of office politics going on here. I stay out of it, but it's made this a pretty crappy working enviornment and it's getting on my nerves.

First off, let the insults fly, I failed my psychological exam for the parole office. I have protested the decision, mostly because the letter I received didn't give a reason I was rejected. The exam was 600 multiple choice questions and a four or five minute interview with a psychologist. No idea why I didn't make the cut, I'm more than able to handle the rigors of the job since I work so closely with parole officers. I'll let everyone know how the appeal goes.
Had two interviews last week. First one was with the sheriff's office to do pretty much the same thing I do now, but inside the county jail. Wouldn't be quite as exciting as the folks there aren't the serious criminals I see here every day, but it's a ton more money. That interview went well, I expect to hear from those guys soon.
The second interview was for a company called The Resource Exchange. Seems like a pretty cool gig, I'd be an investigator for them, making sure the retarded kids are being taken care of and stuff like that. Great hours and a downtown location, which I would love, but it's a non-profit so I'm not sure the pay will be enough for me to leave my current job. I had that interview on Tuesday, and on Wednesday they called me back and asked that I come back in to do a written portion of the interview, they want to check out my writing skills I guess. So I'm headed back there Monday, very convieniently around lunch time so I can stop by Purple Castle!

This Tuesday I have another interview with the City of Fountain to work in their 911 dispatch office.

Also got an e-mail today saying I'm in the running for some GS-7 gig with the department of labor. Would be a sweet gig, but it's up in Englewood so I'd hafta move, not sure I wanna do that.

Would be a good time for me to get a new job, I could start after my annual two week training gig for the Air Force, which starts later this month.


1 comment:

HOV said...

Do you have to use the word retarded? Why not mentally challenged? I can relate to hostile work environments and I hate office politics. Good luck with the job hunt. Is it noon yet? I need a beer.