Tuesday, October 13, 2009

what's next?

Currently sitting at 2533.7 miles for 2009. Shouldn't be a problem getting to 3000 before new year's eve.

Only real race on the horizon is the Route 66 marathon in November. Gonna take some time off from the super long distance stuff and work on running a fast Salida and Boston marathon. Maybe get a Bolder Boulder A wave qual along the way.

Rocky Mountain Slam goal is off for now. No way I coulda finished the Bear, especially since it was a week earlier. Not sure I could finish Hardrock if I did Bighorn first, they're just too close together. The guys who do that series are on a whole different level than I'm at right now. No big heartbreaker for me, as that would leave the door open to run Jemez Mountain and the San Juan Solstice. The one thing I've learned about running 100 milers is that I really, really love running the 50 mile distance.

2 comments:

johntsharp said...

i am with you on that 50 mile distance thing for sure.

Nick said...

I'll third the 50-mile thing, although they can suck arse too.

JT - be seeing ya next year. I'm planning on doing Jemez and Lake City too.