Tuesday, October 13, 2009

catching up

Been offline for a while. Quick update, I'll post pictures and details soon.

-Oil Creek. Not much to say, other than I was way too slow. I knew going in it wouldn't be pretty, but I was confident I'd finish. Dropped after the third loop, 93 miles, after 27.5 hours. Knew I could easily finish the final eight mile loop well under the 32 hour cutoff, but I wasn't sure it would give Katie and I enough time to get down to the Pittsburgh airport for our flight. It sucks, but I had to walk away. Piss poor planning on my part. Though, in my defense, I originally planned on flying back on Monday before work ruined things.

-Mt. Davis. Katie and I hit the state high point of Pennsylvania. Really cool hike, great views. My third state high point.

-I miss Pittsburgh and am looking forward to the day I move back there. Probably within the next five years. I've decided that my first month there will be spent at a rental room at Jack's on the Southside.

-Great to see family and friends that I haven't seen in a long time. My last trip to PA was in 2003 after returning from Iraq.

No comments: