Monday, October 05, 2009

DD chronicles - Issue II

No shit, there I was, in the parking lot at PT's. And Kelly, who I assumed was a dude, was actually one of the strippers. And she hands me the keys to her Porsche. And she says to me, "it's a long way to my house, but I'll make it a fun ride...."

OK, maybe not. Last Friday I was actually the "chaser," or the guy who drives his vehicle following the drunk's car. So it was kinda lonely and boring.

Lots more trips to Carson. I've been on that post more the times I've DD'd than the entire time I've lived in Colorado. One joe told me that the DD of Colorado Springs business card is now an inspectable item. The kid says, "yeah, if we don't have it in our pocket we hafta do push ups." Made me REAL happy not to have to deal with stupid stuff like that anymore, but hopefully it cuts down on soldiers driving drunk.

Got another call from way down south, damn halfway to Pueblo. We pull up to a house and out walks a drunk soldier, his drunk wife, and their two infant kids. Nice.

Visited Stick's up on Austin Bluffs twice. Always a sketchy place, but this was the last night at the current location, they're moving to a new building, under a new name. So every under 21 person in Colorado Springs was in there chain smoking and boozing. Quite the scene. Nice to have a bar smelling like a bar though.

No comments: