Monday, October 05, 2009

fall series

Uninspiring effort at yesterday's Fall Series race. 3.5 miles, 27:26. Been having some tight hamstring issues lately, so I didn't wanna push it here and ruin my chances for Oil Creek. 50th overall, 349 finishers. Congrats to Happy Sock, who, in her third race ever, finally didn't finish in last place. And kudos to Laura as well, I believe this was her first race ever!

The hardest effort of my day came from pacing the 1.5 mile middle school race. I had to run a little over a mile in the front so the kiddos wouldn't get lost. Sounds easy, but some of those kids can run! The winner ran 11:51 over hills and trails, and I had to keep in front of him.

Also did an easy four miles through the Garden at the PPRR full moon run.

Great way to spend a Sunday!

1 comment:

Happy Sock said...

Hey now, 293rd place isn't a bad place to be....

and by the way, it was my 6th race ever. Loser.