Thursday, January 03, 2008

run #3 - CRUD hill climb

Ugh. I really hate this run. First, getting up at 4:45AM sucks. Of course there's the crappy Colorado winter weather to worry about. Then the actual workout itself really sucks. But I show up nonetheless, knowing that paying the price now will bring about benefits when the warmer weather arrives.

Thought I was having a shitty run today, stupid peanut butter bagel I had for breakfast was messing with my system (and I apologize to all those who had to start behind me and fight through the stench) but it turns out I set my season PR, taking 18 seconds off last week's time. I still harbor dreams of breaking 40 minutes on this course when the weather warms up.

Start time: 5:57AM
Distance: 4.2 miles
Time: 46:30
Pace: 11:05 minutes per mile
Weather: 25F, chilly with clear skies

1 comment:

Kelly said...

And I piss and moan about getting up at the same time to train on Fridays doing speed work on the FLAT Crescent City Classic course...you da man, dog. I keep telling myself it will help me when the warmer weather comes, but that has a slightly different meaning here. :)