Tuesday, January 29, 2008

out of the office...

Get to sneak out of the office the rest of the week for the big Colorado Springs addictions symposium. Some of the titles of the lectures I'll be sitting through:

-Methamphetamine: Effects, Treatments, & Recovery Implications
-Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment
-Medications in the Treatment of Addictions: Current Strategies
-From Discovery to Recovery: Neuroscience, Spirituality, and 12-step Facilitated Recovery
-Assessment and Treatment of PTSD
-Alcohol: Disease vs. Will Power or The Reptile Within
-God, Ether, and the Devil: Stages of Change in Recovery

Yup, all this from the guy who is planning a pub crawl Fri night, a Boone's Farm breakfast to kick off Manitou Mardi Gras, and who took the morning off on Monday since I knew I'd have a super bowl hangover.

5 comments:

Gagger said...

So can you sneak out early Thursday and Friday?

brownie said...

I'll be sneaking out early on Friday for a long run, that's about it.

Impala Mama said...

How can you help anyone if you don't have any experience??? Wish I could go to that, I love that stuff. If I got a job over there would I have to start drinking heavily, though?

Rafael said...

You are the man

Gagger said...

So I can use your Jeep Thursday, but not Friday....is that correct?