Tuesday, January 08, 2008

bouldering comp this Friday!

Yesterday I was talked into signing up for my very first bouldering comp at the rock gym. I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to rock climbing, but it's a lot of fun and they'll have beer and schwag there. I'm in the "beginner" (i.e., lowest) level, and I know there are eight year olds that will beat me, and I'm fairly sure I'll take last place in the entire event. Oh well, I'm still gonna go anyways, and if those kids talk any shit I'll tell 'em to show up on Saturday to the PPRR winter series 10K if they're so tough.

For the record, both Susan and Sarah have chickened out, so even if I do finish in last place I still reserve smack talking rights over those two sissies.

Oh yeah, the new issue of Rock and Ice has a great article about Austin! It's no Colorado, but Austin has quite a climbing scene down there.

2 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

If you get beat by an eight year old girl you will never live that down!!!!

Jes said...

OMG. Someone pleeeaaase take pictures of him getting spanked by an 8 year old girl!!!