Wednesday, January 02, 2008

run #1 - Rescue Run 10K


I guess I'm getting older, I can't run hungover like I used to. Felt like HELL after my new year's eve in Manitou, and I gave a lot of thought to just staying in bed through the race (like that wanker Weasel did!). But that wouldn't have been the right way to begin Hardrock training, so somehow I drug myself to the start line.

The race was fairly uneventful. I gave a hard effort that I was pleased with, but due to my hangover that effort was not rewarded with a good time. Finished in 43:32, good for 31st place out of 619 finishers. Not sure of the temp, but it was well below zero. I know that because my face had a layer of ice on it from the sweat. Couldn't even yell encouragement or talk shit on the out and back portion, I couldn't move my mouth.

The pussy award of the day goes to Boobs, who bailed on the 10K and ran the 5K instead. Not a good way to start the year, being physically outdone by NASCOCK. Of course, even he did better than Weasel and Z, who were no-shows.

Kudos to all the named hashers who finished: BLOS, Runs With Beaver, NASCOCK, $100 buck, Boobs, and All Nighter (not pictured, sorry guys):

1 comment:

Outdoorgirl said...

I am sure was feeling the same way you were. He was pretty smashed NYE