Thursday, May 10, 2007

workin' hard

The company I work for, Peer Assistance, had a big fundraiser up in Denver tonight. I normally don't go to stuff like that, but I kinda felt like I had to go so I could thank the big boss for the recent promotion and for paying me during my Air Force shindig.

They had a speaker, some former crack addict who recently wrote a book about his recovery issues. I figured the night would be super boring.

But I get there and lo and behold there's an open bar! Free Fat Tire all night! Woohoo!

On another note, the event was held at the Tattered Cover up in Denver. Support your local independent businesses! Fuck barnes & noble!

3 comments:

Impala Mama said...

Tattered Cover kicks ass, it is worth the drive! How was the speech?

Catwoman said...

The book broker downtown is where I get all my books and you can trade in your old ones.

And if I knew any one called Barnes or Noble, I would.

Rafael said...

I think there's something ironic about you being a substance abuse counselor