Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I hate snow


So that pic was taken at 2:42PM, you can see all the snow on top of Pikes Peak. Look closely, and you can see that there's still a ton of snow on Cameron's Cone too. Yuk, that's gonna take FOREVER to melt enough for trail running.
At least I'm smart enough not to push things. El Paso Search and Rescue had to bail out some dude the other day (story here). The route he was taking is one I'll use to train for Leadville if the snow ever melts. Did that route a few times last year and it got me more than ready for the Pikes double.
There was also a freak death on Humbolt Peak, showing that even experienced outdoors folks need to be careful in this kind of weather.
Of course, there's being cautious, and then there's totally wussing out. Not that I know anyone who would do that!

7 comments:

Catwoman said...

I'm with you. Wanted to bike on Sunday but got rained/snowed off. The shitty weather has to stop. Looks good for the next 10 days. :)

TitsOnTheRitz said...

I love the snow, but I wish it would stick to winter time! That said, it raises my river level. Mmmmm... good high water.

PlaysByEar said...

I had my first kimchi tonight. Unfortunately it was at a Korean restaurant.

Outdoorgirl said...

Playsbyear, I was about to make a statement about cannibalism...eating your own hash. That’s just wrong....

PlaysByEar said...

Kimchi isn't my own hash, Austin is... so am I OK now?

Outdoorgirl said...

Yeah......I guess. So you are good now. Just don't eat too many other hashes okay? we all have to play nice together...

Lulu said...

Oh I forgot to tell you to fuck off publicly. So here you go.