Wednesday, May 02, 2007

above and beyond

Almost finished with my two week AF shindig, not a bit too soon. Trying to stay awake is one of the most tiring things you can do. I learned more in one hour at Army PLCD than I will here, but at least it gets my annual tour out of the way.

Got two college credits for the course. One credit for "Introduction to Management Theory" and one for "Leadership Communication in Management." Yes, military training that strikes fear directly into the heart of all those anti-USA ragheads we're chasing around! The credits are from Central Texas College though, widely known to be the most prestigious school in the Killeen/Austin/College Station area.

Got to tour a C-130 today after our class pic (hope to post that soon). First time I'd been in one since Airborne school. Wanted to get a pic of me taking a dump on the special toilet, but there were chicks around and while that kinda stuff would be funny in the Army I'm sure I'd end up in jail for it in the Air Force.

Still getting a kick out of all the war stories being told. Most of the peeps in the class are from Air Force Space Command. You need a top secret clearance to work there, and I guess having one of those allows those people to think they're part of some special ops Chuck Norris type unit. Even though most of them haven't ever deployed, and the few that have gone to the "desert" have made it as far as Bahrain. One of the guys in the class hadn't fired a weapon in over 17 years! Sheesh, it's like bizarro world over here. I've told a few people I feel more like a mid-level bank executive than a member of the US military here.

2 comments:

Jerri said...

Know how I know you're gay and belong in the NAVY?

It's PLDC.

Rafael said...

How are you in the military and not fire a weapon in over 17 years?