Wednesday, May 31, 2006

upcoming mountains

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna head over to Manitou Springs and see how quickly I can get up Pikes Peak. Think I can break my PR in the Ascent, 3:29. The weather has been pretty crappy up high though, so there's a good chance I won't make it to the Peak and I'll end up doing some of the lower trails on the mountain. Still though, I'm hungry for some of them summit donuts!

Have a job interview in Denver on Fri, and I'm thinking about attempting the CO Mines Peak/Mt. Flora double while I'm up there. I'd be getting a very late start though, so I'd high tail it back down at the first sight of dark clouds and just try Mt. Herman on the way back home. Hopefully it isn't as snowy as the pic.

Gonna head up Cameron's Cone again on Sunday. Last time I had to navigate and had some issues finding my way back down, but this week the Incline Club is gonna mark the way up so it's just gonna be a hard run.

Looking like my next attempt at a 14er will be a double of Mount Evans and Mount Bierstadt. Got a good topo map and think I have a pretty good route marked out, though there's a ridge that looks like it's gonna be a little scary crossing. Also looking at a quick trip out to the Leadville/Fairplay area to bag Quandry Peak.

4 comments:

Pittchick said...

What's wrong with the new job you just got?

BRAE said...

Had my first PBR last night! It sucked........

Jes said...

You couldn't pay me enough to work that 11 - 8 shift!!

Spotty said...

really...you switching jobs AGAIN? you're so fickle...