Friday, May 19, 2006

made it!

The hike was a little tougher than I was expecting, but I can add another peak to my list. Took just under two hours to get to the top, and just over three hours for the round trip. Had two nasty falls on some scree coming down, now my hands are tore up and I have a nice roadrash-looking bruise on my ass. Was also attacked by a group of birds on the top...they would dive at me, coming within two or three feet of my head, then pull up and circle around before diving again. Chased me off the peak pretty quick.

Pics are here.

7 comments:

Rafael said...

What’s that compound in the pics?

Damn birds.

Pittchick said...

Guess they don't like your hair either.

brownie said...

It's the Chair Force academy.

Rafael said...

ah, the gay force academy

mike said...

Hey, I admire the Air Force. Think about it... what other service sends their officers off to fight and die while the enlisted stay behind?

dayoldfish said...

rash on his ass, guess Browneye will be getting a little less action at the gay bar this week

mike said...

Brownie is the early century renaissance man.

Respect, please.