Friday, May 12, 2006

stuff

Was reviewing my pre-CP50 training and decided to make some changes. Came up with a new plan that has me running 3-4 days a week. Cuts out a lot of the shorter runs I had been doing. Basically now anytime I run it'll be for at least two hours, usually more. Probably run every other Saturday to get in some back to back long runs. Plan goes something like this:

Mon - off/mountain bike/peak bag
Tues - Palmer Park fartleks
Wed - Incline/Mt Manitou hike
Thurs - Barr Trail tempo run
Fri - off/mountain bike/moonhike
Sat - off/CRUD run
Sun - Incline Club run

Still hitting the gym when I can, it's just tough for me to stay holed up inside when there's so much outdoor stuff to do up here.

As much as I was bitching about my performance at CP, looking back it might not have been too bad. I was only an hour slower than my 50 miler at Sunmart, and the Colorado course was a heckuva lot harder. I also had roughly the same pace as my 100K at Bandera. Hard to say which course was harder but the CP course was definitely slower.

Also drooling over Pikes Peak, seems the last of the snow is melting. Gonna take a scouting trip up to treeline on Sunday, check out the condition of the trail. A summit attempt could follow shortly. From what I'm hearing there are several other 14ers I could have already done, I just want to make Pikes my first one. Once I bag Pikes the floodgates should open to other 14ers.

Work is going well. Have to turn in my "wilderness resume" today so they can figure out if I'm good to travel with the groups on their outdoor activities. I think I'll be OK. Upcoming trips include trailbuilding at the Garden of the Gods, an alpine restoration project in the Sangre de Cristo wilderness area, a Mount Sherman peak attempt, and a canyoneering trip to Grand Gulch in Utah. Good stuff.

4 comments:

-tunnel said...

Could you come up with a different poll? I hate being called an idiot, even if I act like one sometimes.

Gagger said...

Hey Brokeback Boy...I heard you were up for the Pike's Peak Hash Fluffer position!

dayoldfish said...

Hey Fire, at least yuou are not winning

Eunuch said...

You racist hasher, keep up the good work! Don't let Pikes' Peak keep you down...