Thursday, May 25, 2006

Rocky Mountain


Got out this afternoon for a hike up Rocky Mountain, this time dragging along my camera.

Did the incline on the way up, once again it handed me my ass. Pretty cool, even for a Thursday afternoon I saw everything from olympians to overweight housewives to guys from the special forces to hippies trying to hackey sack their way to the top. Always a good time on the incline.

From the top of the incline I just took the same route I took last time, so I got in some good bouldering once again. Need to learn some real rock climbing moves, trying to get up and down from the actual peak of Rocky Mountain makes me look like a retard humping a doorknob.

Wish I had a better camera, the views of Pikes from this mountain are awesome. My camera just doesn't do the views from these hikes any justice.


Pics from the hike are posted here.

Been having great weather lately, and if it holds I might make an attempt to summit Mount Evans and Mount Bierstadt next week, those can both be bagged on one long hike.

6 comments:

Jes said...

That picture makes you look like a retard as well...maybe it's not your pussy bouldering skills...

Pittchick said...

Gotta love family! Looks like a great time.

brownie said...

Hey, the retard gene skipped my generation and doubled up on you.

Eunuch said...

Hey, I know that view. Is that from the Saylor Park area? North of the Springs? Or is that West, towards the Collegiate Mts and the Arkansas R valley?

brownie said...

It's the view from the peak of Rocky Mountain, about 2400 feet damn near straight up from the COG Railway.

You probably know Blodgett Peak if you've been to the Academy.

mike said...

Dude. That pic ... when did you start dealing meth?