Sunday, May 14, 2006

Rocky Mountain high



Decided to bail on Barr Camp this morning and instead finally make an attempt on Rocky Mountain. The decision was a good one, as I was rewarded with a fun climb, another bagged peak, and the coolest view of Pikes Peak I've had since I moved here. Lots of fun bouldering after the incline, and then some very hairy moments as you have to climb up a huge boulder to get to the high point of RM. I'll do this one again and bring a camera.

Off to the Denver hash!

5 comments:

tripped over a rock said...

I'll be up in Colo June 7th - 17th. Fly out of Denver evening of the 17th, so don't think I'll be able to come watch your race, bummer. Training the 12th-15th, nothing to do the rest of the time except gag on the lack of oxygen and get into trouble with you!

brownie said...

Maybe we can climb Longs Peak!

Doc Savage said...

The Big Heads H3 has a Hash/Bash planned for 10 June and it's only 6 hours away!!!! We'll even let you sing your one song.

tripped over a rock said...

I'll bring my hiking boots! Yay!

brownie said...

No, bring trail sneaks in case a storm comes in and we hafta high tail it back down the mountain.