Monday, May 08, 2006

Palmer Park



I've always had great times at city parks. Schenley and Frick Parks in Pittsburgh, Fairmount Park in Philly, Walnut Creek Park in Austin.

Found out about a gem of a city park here in Colorado Springs, Palmer Park. Took a recovery hike there today, seems to be tons of great, technical trails. And it's only three miles from my house, so I can ride my bike there (fuck you and your dirty oil money, Saudi Arabia!)!

Anyways, it'll be a great place to train for both running and mountain biking. Reminded me a lot of the BMX loop at Walnut Creek, but with a lot more hills. Might even have to start up the night workouts again, this park would be a great place for those! They have bears in the park though, guess I should also work on my tree climbing skills, or at least always bring someone slower along for the workout (one of the reason's I always let Troy tag along on our night workouts at Walnut Creek).

Already feel fairly recovered from the CP50. Felt like hell on Saturday evening, not much better on Sunday. But after today's hike I'm planning on finally climbing Rocky Mountain via the Incline tomorrow, possibly with Batt (and Slut's shirt).

I took a few pics of various trails in the park, they're available here. The green shirt among those pics is for Melissa, I was complaining to her about forking out $55 for a lousy piece of schwag that I'd never wear.

5 comments:

Pittchick said...

looks great, maybe I can covince the hubby that we need to come out for a visit.

Rafael said...

That looks like the shiznizzil

-tunnel said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing with those of us in the flatlands of Houston!

tripped over a rock said...

I'd be afraid that the shirt would eat through my skin if I put it on. Definitely looks like grasslands green.

Gagger said...

For some reason, I really like the 9th pic from the end. Love the tree on the far left with the clouds and mountains in the background.