Thursday, May 04, 2006

update

Too much crap to do this weekend, so I ended up bailing on the Sand Dunes.

Was rewarded with two great long runs. Saturday was a climb up Rampart Range Road, then down through the Cave of the Winds. As an added bonus I finally found the path that leads from the Cave over to Waldo Canyon. Got in a good four hours.

Sunday was also an awesome run, with the Incline Club up to Barr Camp and back. For the first time I was able to run the entire thing without stopping. Made it to Barr Camp in 98 minutes, a personal best by several minutes. Decided to go ahead and enter the Barr Trail Mountain Race in July, and if I keep improving like I have been I should do pretty good.

Glad I got these runs in, give me a bit of confidence heading into Collegiate Peaks this weekend.

After the Barr Camp run it was straight off to Denver for the second annual Lone Tree Invihash. Basically just a trail laid by some of the DH3s more active hashers. Awesome trail, lots of shiggy and killer falses. Had shiggy, creek crossings, tunnels under major highways, golf courses, I think all we were missing were some railroad tracks.

Even managed to hit my first DIM (Damn, It's Monday) hash. I like the DIM, it's usually a longer trail, the beer checks are quick, the circle doesn't go on forever. So you get in a good trail in a short amount of time.

That's it for now. New job is going great. I'll post an update on that later.

2 comments:

BRAE said...

How far away is Boulder from where you are at? I have a friend that is going to go to college there and I will be going to visit when he gets moved up there.

brownie said...

Two hours or so. Good college town. Quit stalking me, I'm not going to sleep with you.