Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rusted Root!


Despite not getting to bed until 4:30AM on Saturday, I soon awoke to take off to Copper Mountain for a FREE Rusted Root show!

Love this band, even more so because they were cutting their teeth back on the Pittsburgh local music scene while I was at Pitt. Never forget the time I saw Dave Matthews Band open up for Root at the AJ Palumbo Center for $10.

Anyways, it was a great show. The crowd was kinda lame, mostly because it was 90% skiiers and snowboarders. I'm not swayed by all the Mountain Dew commercials, and the crowd certainly did nothing to change my opinion that downhill skiiers and snowboarders are posers. And the weather wasn't cooperating, it was friggin' cold out. And all I had on was a long sleeve t-shirt with my Clemente jersey. But I'm not a wus ass, I ignored the misery of the weather for the entire concert.

Root was awesome! Played mostly stuff from their first two albums. The highlight of the show was when Root started playing "Back to the Earth" and everybody started throwing snowballs. Good times!


Sure nice to see a ton of Pittsburghers in the crowd, too. Lots of Steeler clothing, even a big sign that said, "How Yunz Guys Doin'!" Was waiting for someone to bust out the Iron City and pierogies!

No comments: