Monday, April 24, 2006

new job

Not to be outdone by Squeezin' or Cleetus, I have recently added a second job to my schedule. Now also working as a lackey at the Cedar Springs looney bin. Kinda want to get back into the psych world, which I enjoyed while at Pitt but haven't had much contact with since I left. It'll also be nice to have health insurance once again. Several of my CO adventures have already left me thinking, "it would really suck to have to let a broken bone heal on it's own 'cuz you couldn't afford to go to the hospital."

This job, if nothing else, will be entertaining. Lotsa crazies here. Mostly adolescent males, many of whom are here because it's part of their probation, and if they screw up it's back to jail for them. It's also a TRICARE facility, so they've been getting a lot of the Iraq vets who lost it during their tour. But Fort Carson isn't a big combat arms post (yet - much of the 4th ID is moving up there from Fort Hood once they return from Iraq next year), so I'm looking forward to hearing all the war stories from the cooks and clerks and (I really can't wait to hear these!) the Air Force folks.

3 comments:

Doc Savage said...

How bout those Pirates????? Cards kickin' Pirate butt again. Glad they play the Pirates a bunch to pad the schedule

brownie said...

Well, look at the bright side...football season starts this Saturday!

Asian Princess said...

scary to see they hired you to consel these people. congrats anyhow :-)