Monday, April 03, 2006

pubs

Been keeping track of all the bars I've been to in the Colorado/Manitou Springs areas since I arrived. Here's the list:

Ancient Mariner
Benny's
Black Sheep
Finish Line Lounge
Irish House IV
Jack Quinn's
Keg
Kinfolk's
Knob Hill Lounge
Mission Inn
Old Mill Tavern
Old School Tavern
Oscar's
Overtime
Phantom Canyon Brewery
Red Rock Lounge
Rumbay
Sam's - The World's Smallest Bar
Sharky's
Shot's
Southside Johnny's
Thirsty Parrot
Thunder & Buttons
Tony's
Townhouse Lounge
Triple Nickel
Walkabout
Wayfarer

28 bars. I moved to Colorado 72 days ago. Pretty good stats alone, but in reality most of the bars on the list I've been to several times. And the great thing about Colorado Springs is that I've not even made a tiny dent in visiting all the dive bars the city has to offer. Hell, there are still at least ten that I know of within two miles of my house. Viva la drunkardness!

5 comments:

dayoldfish said...

oddly enough I have been to about 10 bars with some of those names on the list

Gagger said...

So which one is your favorite so far?

brownie said...

Black Sheep. $7 all-you-can-drink PBR night and they let me get away with behavior that would usually get me arrested. Several pubs are in the running for second place.

FYI, this list doesn't include any of the bars I've been to in Durango, Salida, or Denver. Which would add quite a few more to the list.

Pittchick said...

Are you still bartending or was that just a one-time thing?

I would hate to see what happens if you and my brother ever went ou together.

Gagger said...

Brownie and Fish out together means total drunkenness...as they try to out do each other with Jager shots.