Monday, April 17, 2006

17 April 06

Have a few updates to post (more adventures in bartending, Rusted Root concert, failed attempt on Pikes, Easter feast at the Purple Castle) but I don't feel very creative right now. So here were the highlights of my Monday:

1) My beloved Pirates moved up THREE spots in this week's cnn/si power poll. The Nationals, Marlins, and Royals are now ranked below us. This is probably the best ball we've played in the last decade.

2) Due to a big sale at REI my yearly dividend was able to get me a brand-spankin' new pair of Vasque Velocity, the greatest trail running/hashing shoe ever, without me having to hand over any cash.

3) Thanks to that extra cash, I was able to pick up a 30 pack of PBR on the way home. It's currently down to 27 cans.

1 comment:

Pittchick said...

Unfortunately, after the weekend, the Pirates are now last in the Central division, and second-to-last overall.
The Penguins did win the other night, though.