Friday, April 28, 2006

new job (again)

Latest job lasted a whole week, as I have just resigned from Cedar Springs in order to accept a job as a counselor with the Griffith Center. Interviewed with both companies at the same time, and I really wanted the counseling job but didn't think they were gonna hire me. The Griffith job is better for me in such ways as A) it pays more; B) I can walk to work and spend the saved gas money at Platte Road pubs on the way home; and C) they work with less mentally challenged kiddos and as such they can do more cool stuff.

One of the questions at the interview was, "Sometimes the therapy involves outdoor activities such as mountain biking in Moab or climbing some of Colorado's fourteeners. Would you be able to tag along on these outings?"

My response: "You mean you'll pay me to mountain bike and climb 14ers!?!"

Other than the outdoors stuff the jobs seem quite similar.

5 comments:

Pittchick said...

They're letting you counsel children?!?!
Does this seem odd to anyone else?

Pittchick said...

Check your voice mail

Rafael said...

There's something not quite right with that picture

dayoldfish said...

hey the kiddos have issues, so does he, he can relate better than anyone

Tony F said...

Cool. Now you can get paid to have small children kick your ass, instead of the rest of doing it for free. Sounds like a deal.