Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mount Manitou

Decided to add on a bit to my usual Tuesday incline workout by attempting Mount Manitou. Was told it was an easy peak, and it was. The incline still sucked, but once that was over it was a quick jog around Long's Ranch Road, about a quarter mile of bushwacking, some fun rock scrambling, and presto - another bagged peak.

Easy climb, but the peak of Mt. Manitou is a pretty cool place. Lots of rocks to sit on, lots of trees for shade. And it's far enough out of the way that you don't get the massive amounts of people on the Barr trail. I can't wait to do this hike again, maybe bring a few beers with me to go with my cigar.

Total time was 2:50. A good chunk of that was spent chilling on the peak, as well as shooting the shit with folks along the incline. Think I'll add this to my usual Tuesday workout, I'll be able to do the whole thing under two hours eventually.

Took a few pics, you can see 'em here.

start: 4PM
top of incline: 4:36PM
summit: 5:15PM (9,429 feet)
finish: 6:50PM
distance: approx 6 miles

6 comments:

Rafael said...

Cool pics!

Pittchick said...

great pics! How noticeable is the change in temp from the bottom to the top?

BRAE said...

It is so beautiful there.

brownie said...

As long as a storm doesn't blow in (which happens all the time) the weather doesn't change too much 'till you hit treeline. Neither of my climbs so far made it that high.

babyG said...

too cool, looks like fun

Jes said...

I'm planning a trip to climb Mt. Kinabalu...should be fairly easy for you to do, why don't you join me? It can be your first international peak.