Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Snowdown!

This is a work in progress, but I thought I'd put it out there anyways. I'm kinda like Late Night Drive Through in my editing, but I don't want it to be six weeks after a hash weekend to post something either.


Day One.

Arrived in Durango just a little bit late, due to Banana Cream Pie taking all day to hike the incline. Too late for the parade, we had to figure out a way to get from the hash hotel to the Ska brewery. We called for a cab, and a sweet black limo pulled up! Hell yeah, arrive at the hash party in style! Pretty funny when we pulled into the parking lot, and as I opened the door a large chunk of the limo fell to the ground.

Anyways, spent a while at the Ska brewery, drinking their yummy brews and even trying their new vodka homebrew. Delicious! Got to see a ton of hasher buddies I usually only see at big hash weekends. And noticed the DC hashers were here in force again this year, all dressed as roller derby chicks.

From the brewery it was off to Serious Texas Barbeque, a cool restaurant with an Austin theme. I've been here twice and have yet to eat, I usually just order a ton of Lone Star and try to steal the Willie Nelson poster on the wall. Wanted to get the "Kinky for Governor" sign this year, but the staff was watching me pretty closely.


Day Two

One of the running jokes from last year's Snowdown was the infamous Brass Monkey Breakfast with local middle school punk rockers The Quails. Last year this event got about five people, all hashers, to show up. Of course we were looking forward to it all year long, but when we arrived the place was actually pretty packed! And who was playing but none other than The Quails! Looks like they made it a long ways since last year! I'm happy to report they are in no way any more musically talented though.


Had a blast here, even though once again there was no Brass Monkey to be found. We surprised MeatGazer with her birthday present, a huge, waterproof vibrator. Saw some two year old with a shirt that said "Little Fucker" on the front, a future hasher for sure.

Soon after my nutritous breakfast of a plate of bacon and a ton of Ska beer, it was back to the hotel for the best part of hash weekends, the asshole trail! I had been looking forward to this, since I knew the hares, Heinous Anus and Free Bus(c)h, would lay a tough trail. And they didn't disappoint! What was promised as six miles turned out to be ten, with mountain traverses and water crossings and Boone's Farm and ice and snow and impossible inclines and everything in between.

After the a-hole trail a bunch of us sat around for a while playing 3-Man, beginning the quick descent into total drunkenness. Circle was held, convieniently, around a Ska Brewing truck. Don't remember the whole thing, though I did have to drink for being both a Colorado and a Texas hasher.

The entire weekend long Batt kept snickering to me about some gift she had for me. I had no idea what it could be, so I was quite scared. Finally, I was called into the circle for the gift. Last year I had spend an extra day at Snowdown, crashing at Bone Ranger's place. The weather was shitty, so before I entered his house I took off my shoes. After a long night of much booze and Donnie Iris CDs, when I went to get my shoes the next morning it had snowed so much that my shoes were covered up and I couldn't find them. No big deal, I continued on my roadtrip down to Roswell and never thought twice about the shoes. Turns out Bone saved them, and turned them over to Batt, who was responsible for all the fancy decorations. First time I've ever had to drink out of both shoes!

After trail it was back to the hash hotel to get cleaned up, more drunk, and fed. Then it was time for the follies! Not really sure what these are, kinda like Saturday Night Live-ish, but I know they have a bar there! BATT, Meat, Banana, and I were in pretty rare form the entire night, and if the hash isn't allowed back next year it's our fault (actually, mostly BATT's fault). I was drinking double Red Bull and Jagers all night, so this part of the weekend is pretty fuzzy. If I did anything to piss off any Colorado hashers, well, get used to it quick!

Didn't get to do much on Sunday, as I had to hurry to get home to watch a certain football game. I don't care what the whiners are crying about, I'll take an ugly Super Bowl win anyday. It was getting kinda boring, the way the Steel Curtain shut down on the Bengals, Colts, and Broncos (any of whom would have also whooped the Seasquaks), so it was about time for an ugly game.

Anyways, thanks to the Tenacious D H3 for yet another outstanding event! Had a blast! They announced the theme for next year: Pirates! I'm gonna try to get some of my Pittsburgh buddies to come out, we're gonna go as the late 70s Pittsburgh Pirates in their banana uniforms!



brownie's pics

batt's pics

banana's pics

5 comments:

Gagger said...

Mmmm...Brass Monkey....I am soooo drinking one on the way to "Not Mexico" this weekend!

Unknown said...

hey i will be BANANA CREAM PIE-RAT next year!!! whoohooo!!

meatgazer: no prob..glad you like it, and i will take brownie to a sex toy shop so he knows what a "huge" vibrator really looks like, he has no clue how big they can get i guess!

Unknown said...

haha, he is good trust me on this one, but there is always TOO BIG..you know what i mean?

Rafael said...

sweet

The guy you never see said...

sounds like Snowdown was a blast - have checked out the pix...we got snowed in here in DC yesterday. A whole whopping 6 inches fell and DC is shut down like a morgue. Wankers don't know what snow is. Time for another beer! I'll check out PA Interhash on the web and if I can make it, I'll rocket up north.