Monday, February 20, 2006

Denver hash

Since we were in Denver, MG and I decided to hit the hash before heading back to the Springs. Besides, the hare, Sinbad, is an ex-Houston hasher, so I figured it would be a good trail.

And it was! Trail started at the "What the Hell" bar, a nice little dive up north. Meat and I arrived 90 minutes early for a good warm up, and we weren't even the first hashers in the bar. Tried some local Hardtail Lager, good stuff!

Can't really say where trail went since I don't know the area, but it was a blast. Had some good urban shiggy, some slippery snow, some iced over creek crossings, several fence climbings (even some with barbed wire!), railroad tracks, lots of difficult checks, basically lots of the stuff I look for in a good trail. Trail was somewhat short due to the chilly weather, and it was one of the quickest circles ever as the on-on-on was right down the street. Had a blast though, especially on the creek crossing, where the ice kept cracking and I kept praying that it wouldn't break.

1 comment:

Rafael said...

I bet my fat ass woulda cracked the ice.