Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Colorado Running Company Happy Hour

I'm slowly getting used to the local running scene here. Wednesday nights are the happy hour runs at the local running store, the CO Running Company. There were about 30 runners at the store at 6PM, and we headed out for a 45 minute night run. When we returned, there was free brew from the local Bristol Brewing Company waiting for us! CORC does this every Wednesday, and I will never miss one! The runs are great (and easy) and I just can't pass up free booze.

Gonna join Team C.R.U.D. for their morning hill workout tomorrow. One of the guys at happy hour tonight runs with them, and he said the workout is a killer. A tempo run on a continuous 4.3 mile hill, gaining over 1600 feet in elevation. Woohoo!

The incline on Friday morning, then it's off to Durango! I would normally chalk that up to a rest weekend as I don't count hashes as workouts, but a Heinous Anus ballbuster can be pretty gruesome.

I'll hafta miss the Incline Club workout this Sunday, but I'm already looking forward to the next workout with them. It'll be over three weeks here, so I'll hafta stop using the altitude as an excuse, and I'm gonna make my first attempt at Barr camp.

No comments: