Saturday, February 25, 2006

Pikes Peak Road Runner 20K

Went up to the town of Black Forest this morning for the final race of the PPRR winter series. Just wanted to get in a good workout, nothing too difficult since I have a long run with the Incline Club tomorrow.

Ended up finishing in 1:36:27. 28th out of 111 finishers. It was a tough, though beautiful, course. Miles 8.5 through 11.5 were awful, we were in an open area and the wind just killed me. I felt like I was running through water. But the rest of the race was fun. I had a good workout but kept well below racing effort.

Hills were pretty rough. Some of the course reminded me of my old trailer runs out at Kratzerville. Wasn't gasping too much though, so I think I'm finally acclimated to the altitude. It's gonna be a while before I'm able to attack some of the hills out here though.

No comments: