Tuesday, November 16, 2010

booze in the news

I'm not a big fan of Jack Quinn's so I could care less if they lose their license, but buried deep in this article is notice that the Knob Hill Lounge is in trouble. I may have to go protest outside of city hall!

There's also this nugget about Gordon Biersch and Rock Bottom joining forces. The new venture will be called CraftWorks. I suppose I'll check it out if they change the name of the local Rock Bottom, but I was never impressed enough with the old place to drive all the way to the east side.

Head over to Southside Johnny's tonight to support a good cause, and it's also the best place in town if you're looking for a mid-50s, thrice divorced lady to take home.

Since I'm ripping off the Gazette, our village has been named the most religious city in America. Maybe Ryan Hall will move here to train. Other than Portland, that list could pretty much serve as the "top 20 cities nobody wants to party in" list as well.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

the rock bottom beer is only slightly better than CMB...you have much better choices. hell, i live like 3 miles from it and never go there anymore.